ATAPS – Access to Allied Psychological Services
- ATAPS forms part of the Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care (BOIMHC) Program providing access to short term psychological services at no cost.
- Eligible patients can receive up to 18 sessions per calendar year – 3 referrals of 6 sessions where clinically appropriate
- Suicide prevention referrals receive up to 18 sessions in a 2 month timeframe
- Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) enables General Practitioners to refer consumers to ATAPS Mental Health Professionals who deliver focussed psychological services
- Mental health professionals include psychologists, social workers, mental health nurses, occupational therapists and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers with specific mental health qualifications
- Hold a current Health Care/Pension card or be experiencing financial hardship (to be determined by the referrer)
- Have a clinical diagnosis of mental illness as per the Definition of Mental Illness for the Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care Program (BOiMHC)
- Have not already accessed the ATAPS or Better Access programs within the current calendar year
Practitioner Software Referral Forms - ATAPS
Note: Do not open the file before it has been uploaded into your medical software. Opening the file outside of your medical software can break the formatting. Your best option is to click on the link, save the file and then open your medical software and import the file. Import file instructions below.
- Save file by right clicking on the attachment
- Choose 'Save As' to save to folder on your computer where it can it can be accessed by your clinical software
- Using a server for your clinical software? Save the template file on a drive that can be accessed from letter writer in Medical Director or word processor in Best Practice
- Instructions To Import templates into Best Practice and Medical Director below