Mental Health First Aid Training for Workplaces
Supporting Healthy, Happy, High-Performing Workplaces
Australian workplaces can expect a return on investment of $2.30 for every $1 invested in mental health first aid training for staff
Two (2) Day Mental Health First Aid Training Courses delivered face-to-face to your team in your training or meeting room by our Accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructors.
We deliver Mental Health First Aid Training anywhere in Australia. Contact us today for more information.
Mental Health First Aid
This two (2) day program provides the skills to help someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. First aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves.
Mental health issues covered include:
- Substance misuse
Mental health crises covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Acute effects from alcohol or other drug misuse
- Aggressive behaviours
Mental Health Matters At Work
- Mental Health problems are common in the workplace - 1 in 5 employees
- The workplace is where early signs and symptoms can be first noticed
- The symptoms can affect work performance and productivity
- Mental health problems often develop gradually
Mental Health First Aid Training can help...
After training in Mental Health First Aid, employees reported increased confidence in their ability to:
- Recognise signs of someone who may be struggling with a mental health disorder
- Reach out to someone who may be dealing with a mental health challenge
- Connect a distressed person with the appropriate resources in accordance with company policies
What We Know
Mental Health First Aid teaches employees critical communication and support skills that impact your company's bottom line.
- Good Health is good business, and includes Mental Health
- Mental Health impacts productivity, engagement and your bottom line
- High-performing teams rely on inclusion, respect and skilful communication
Mental Health First Aid at Work supports health and productive work environments by:
- Reducing the stigma associated with mental illness
- Addressing the correlation between physical health and mental health
- Increasing Mental Health literacy
- Teach the skills to safely and responsibly address a co-workers mental health
Education & Training
Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid Course Information Sheets
Mental Health First Aid Resources
- Depression Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Suicide Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Panic Attack Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Adult Trauma Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Problem Drug Use First Aid Actions
- Communication with Adolescents First Aid Actions
- Helping the Confused Older Person First Aid Actions
- Eating Disorders First Aid Actions
- Self-Injury Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Psychosis Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Child Trauma Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Problem Alcohol Mental Health First Aid Actions
- Cannabis Mental Health First Aid Actions
- LGBTIQ Person Considerations Mental Health First Aid Actions
Guidelines For Helping Someone with Mental Health Problems and Financial Difficulties
Guidelines for the Workplace
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW!!! FUNDED MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID TRAINING – FEBRUARY 2018
Funded Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training for Sporting, Recreational, Active Organisations within the Cairns Region.
Health Reimagined will be conducting three (3) Mental Health First Aid Courses in February 2018.
Supported by the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network as part of the Active Healthy NQ Program, Health Reimagined invite organisations to express interest in participating in the funded Mental Health First Aid Training Program.
The course will teach one (1) member of your organisation how to provide initial support to an Adult or Youth community member who is developing mental health problems or in a mental health crisis.
The training teaches how to assist community members developing mental health problems such as depression, anxiety problems, psychosis and substance abuse problems. The training will also teach how to assist community members in a mental health crisis such as suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal injury, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drug use and aggressive behaviours. Course is valued at ($250 per participant).
All Mental Health First Aid Courses are 2 days in duration held at Health Reimagined - Grafton St, Cairns. Limited to fifteen (15) participants per course.
- MHFA (Youth) - Sat 3rd & 4th Feb 2018
- MHFA (A&TSI) - Sat 10th & Sun 11th Feb 2018
- MHFA (Std) - Sat 17th & Sun 18th Feb 2018
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW -
Include the following:
Sporting, Recreational, Active Organisation:
Course you're interested in:
Send your Registration to:
Attention: Jason Trim (Business & Operations Manager)